Family. Food. Honesty. God. Life. Laughs. Adventures.
Wrapping up swimming lessons!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Hi guys!
I know I just wrote a blog yesterday but I did warn that I would post another one soon of Bri's swim lessons session ending! Well, to start off, Bri has always loved swimming. There were some times where she was timid and would not do brave things for example, jump off the diving board at Jeff and Michelle's. She would also use 2 floaties at Lori and John's pool. I was a little afraid that she might be late to the game when it came to swimming lessons since I know some people put their kids in when they're babies. Fortunately, that wasn't the case.
This is her jumping in today!
Lessons went so well! She loves it and looks forward to it every week. I'm so excited we finally found an activity for her! She got her certificate and graduated at Sunfish level which is Level 2! Pretty darn good for her first time. She is also recommended to go to Starfish which is Level 3. I spoke to her instructor and she feels like she is good at this and would really benefit from private lessons. As a parent, it does make you proud to hear that your child is good at something! I'm trying not to let it inflate my ego but I'm just so proud of her!!
Sunfish!
She even made a friend named Sophia. Her mom and I actually started talking a couple weeks ago (why it took 5 weeks, we'll never know. Just glad it happened!). Bri is having a birthday party next month and wanted to invite Sophia. Mind you, she doesn't want to invite anyone from school and I keep asking her every day if she's sure about it and every time the answer is "Yes, mom, I'm sure!" So, it'll be nice for Bri to have a friend outside of school and maybe I will too!
Here's a recap of her pictures in class order:
Nervous but excited!
A little timid...
Warming up...
I forgot. Sue me :)
Excited!
Happy!
Sophia and Bri Super excited!
You can see her confidence growing! We signed her up for the Fall 2 session and maybe after, we can see how she might do in private lessons.
Abuela Mari is very proud of you young girl. Your mom learned by herself because I have to confess that I never learned how to swim. Also your uncle was in the diving team. I hope you can do of this an enjoyable activity for you. Love you. Dios te bendiga siempre.
Hey everyone! Wow, it's been a little too long since I've been at this blogging thing. It's really because I haven't had much to say. When I do, I pray about it in my prayer journal I started. So the post is called "The fine line" because I thought of that when I posted on FB about how great prayer journaling has been for me. I am always afraid to be "that Christian" who's obnoxious in what they post. Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that but having been on the other side, I want to make sure I have a balance. I want to be aware of the fine line. I remember when I wasn't a Christian and friends would post extreme religious opinions I didn't agree with and I would unfollow them (not un-friend). It didn't make me want to know God, it just annoyed me. I don't even know why I care if some of my friends do it to me. I have 3 FB friends off the top of my head who I know are atheists (and I'm sure there...
Hey, all! So it's been a pretty eventful week here. Last Tuesday, I was in a car accident. I was by myself, thankfully, but my car has been declared totaled. Someone made the comment ;) "But it hasn't even snowed yet" lol. I was not at fault and was t-boned. I was sore and mentally exhausted for a few days and also fighting a wicked cold. I'm still fighting the cold, along with the kids now, but doing better. We got a rental van that I just love but we have to give it back on Wednesday. We'll have to figure out what to do about purchasing another vehicle but in the meantime, we have my in-laws car so that's nice. We put the girls together for the first time last night and it didn't go well. With Avi not feelling well, she didn't settle down until about 10:30pm and she goes to bed around 7:30 pm. So this is how it was at the Cruffs last night: Avi slept in the pack and play in the living room Bri slept in her room but got up a couple of ti...
Abuela Mari is very proud of you young girl. Your mom learned by herself because I have to confess that I never learned how to swim. Also your uncle was in the diving team. I hope you can do of this an enjoyable activity for you. Love you. Dios te bendiga siempre.
ReplyDelete